1. Trick or Treating: everyday of the year we’re told not to take sweets from strangers, but on Halloween we send kids knocking on their doors asking for them. A struggling Paedophile’s nightmare or a practicing one’s heaven!
2. Trick or Treating again: I’m trying to get ready to go to my party, I’ve not bought any sweets, because I’m going out, and there it is…Knock Knock Knock. I struggle with do I open the door and throw vegetables their way, or pretend I’m not in? I go with pretending I’m not in, which confuses Betty, so she barks continuously at me in case I’ve gone deaf!
3. Scary movies: not the franchise, but all horror films. I’m a grade A wimp when it comes to films, I even got scared at House of Wax with Paris Hilton, her acting skills aren’t the most believable. I’m pretty sure it stems from watching Nightmare on Elm Street age 7 (probably the same reason as to why I hate baths).
1. Fancy Dress: I would wear fancy dress every day of the year, checkout my Halloween Special to see some outfits. I love the fact that in fancy dress everyone seems happier.
2. Sweets: whilst I don’t like trick or treating, I love sweets!
3. Commercialism: normally seen as a bad thing, but as I don’t associate Halloween with my religious beliefs (much like most people and Christmas), I don’t have an issue with buying Halloween decorations or green coloured cakes, in fact they just make me happy.
4. Hocus Pocus: The best Halloween film EVER! And it’s not scary, bonus
5. Family days out: ok not strictly around Halloween, but people have a tendency to arrange things on Halloween. Whether it’s visiting scary farms, spooky castles, listening to ghost stories from the past (I will be doing this today), or just having a party, Halloween gives an excuse that we all seem to need.
Good or Bad?
I’d say the good outweighs the bad. Did I miss anything?
Happy Haunting x