I was recently sent Vogue’s 73 questions that they ask celebs, by MyLife MyLove, whose recently made headline news, so clearly an important celeb right now, which is more than I can say about myself!
But in the interest of getting to know me…
1. What’s your favourite movie?
Sorry to most film buffs, but it’s nothing high brow. Team America has me in stitches every time not to mention the sing-a-longs! All you need is a montage.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
Most films I’ve seen in the last 5 years are quite forgettable, but after reading the Hunger Games and falling in love with Katniss Everdeen, I couldn’t help but fall in awe of the films…roll on 19 November, so I can see the final one.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
Errr they’re scary right?! I don’t do scary. Was the Crow a Hitchcock film? If so, it still haunts my dreams.
4. A book you plan on reading?
I love reading, mainly murder mysteries, but I’m a sucker for romance too. I plan on reading The Lake House by Kate Morton next.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, I’m not sure if it positively shaped me, or made me question everything.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
I love American sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory and New Girl, but I have just started watching Scream Queens and cannot get enough of it. I still haven’t worked out if it’s a comedy or a thriller, but I love the trashiness.
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
A soft 7. That’s such a dull number, I’m excited to be going to Rome next weekend, but exhausted from driving a lot lately, so don’t have the energy to be overly excited.
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Definitely Instagram. Twitter is great for my blog but I was a bit late to the Twitter party, so struggle to keep up with the pace. Instagram is pretty to look at and great to get a snapshot of someone’s day.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
@kayla_itsines her posts are a great inspiration for anyone wanting to get/stay healthy.
11. What’s your favourite food?
My mum’s lasagne, it’s the perfect consistency and the only one I’ve ever had with a cottage cheese layer. Mmmm just thinking about it makes me want a plateful.
12. Least favourite food?
Yoghurt, it’s a texture thing.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Vegetables and garlic…garlic should be on everything.
14. Favourite drink?
Mojito or a sugar free virgin mojito if it’s a school night.
15. Favourite dessert?
Eton Mess… Because my old school can’t make lemon meringue pie for me anymore.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk, but only Cadbury’s, I don’t like any other chocolate.
17. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, but not instant. I like fruit tea, but I can’t stomach normal tea anymore, even if I can no longer dunk my biscuits (unless my colleagues leave their cups close enough for a sly dunk!).
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Worrying constantly that I’m doing something wrong, which will leave a negative imprint in my daughter’s future.
19. What’s your favourite band?
Little Mix, I don’t even care that they are a pop band made from the x-factor brand, they just write catchy fun songs.
20. Favourite solo artist?
This one is quite a tough one to answer, as I tend to like more upbeat music and most solo artists at the moment are more melancholy. I think I would have to say Rita Ora right now.
21. Favourite song?
Lady Leshurr – Queen’s Speech 4. I’m not even going to explain why, just listen and you’ll be singing it whenever you go to the bathroom!
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
A deaf mute, it’s the only way my singing would sound good!
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
Guitar. I am trying, but it’s very hard when my fingers don’t move smoothly.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I have 3 already and am wanting another. I haven’t chosen a design yet, but I would like it on my left side on my ribs.
25. To be or not to be?
To be, if I wasn’t, then what would be the point.
26. Dogs or cats?
Dogs, I couldn’t imagine how empty my life would have been without my dogs when I was growing up.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale watching, I’m scared of birds. To be honest, I think I’d be pretty scared of a massive whale too!
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
A pair of diamond and platinum earrings for my 18th birthday from my Great Aunt. I still wear them most days.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
I like to put thought into my presents, but I guess whether it is good or not depends on the person receiving. I’d say a titanium exhaust for an ex’s motorbike.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
For my friend’s 30th, I got her a picture of a sound wave, of the uk number one on the day she was born.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Uno, although technically not a board game.
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
Scotland, it’s mostly cold and wet, but the views in the highlands are beautiful and Edinburgh is full of life and tons of history.
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
35. What’s your favourite colour?
Purple in the winter, coral in the summer.
36. Least favourite colour?
Black (I know it’s not really a colour, but I love colours!).
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
Boxing?! I’m not really a bend a breathe kind of girl.
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Walk along the beach.
Betty taking in the view
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
To fly, there’s something about the freedom of flying that really appeals to me.
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday, in the morning (see post), and in the evening when watching New Girl.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
No, I’m a lefty, so it’s usually smudged.
47. Do you bake?
Yes, I bake, but just not well.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My argumentativeness (is that a made up word!)
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
51. What are you listening to right now?
52. Favourite smell?
Poison, I actually hate the smell, but it reminds me of my mum. Oh, I mean the perfume, not that my mum is deadly!
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
My daughter, I have no life!
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
Blonde – fake
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
As you might guess, happy endings
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
We’d have a laugh.
61. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs (if I have to)
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
The other side of the world
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lipstick, currently loving Mac Matte
67. What book have you read again and again?
Winnie The Pooh
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Little Miss Stubborn “Whoosh, she slipped on the ice”
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
The Obsession with Men
70. Favourite sound?
My daughter laughing, it doesn’t happen often, but it’s amazingly infectious when it does.
71. Favourite animal?
Dog (silly question).
72. Who is your girl crush?
Jennifer Lopez or Rachel Bilson
73. Last photograph you took?
Showing off my Primark jumper from my haul
Wow that’s a lot of information! I would love to know a bit more about you, so pick a random question and comment below your answer.